Traditional full dentures often get a bad rap, but it is typically because of misinformation. Dr. John Pappas of Arcadia Dental Arts in Phoenix, AZ, is here to break the myths and provide the facts about full and partial dentures!
What Are Some Common Myths About Dentures?
- Dentures are uncomfortable and bulky. While it’s true that dentures can feel a bit strange at first, modern dentures are designed for comfort and fit snugly against the gums without feeling intrusive or uncomfortable.
- False teeth make you look old. Today’s advanced technology makes dentures look like real, natural teeth. Most people won’t even be able to tell that you have false teeth unless you explicitly tell them.
- Eating with dentures is painful and difficult. Once you become accustomed to wearing your new dentures, eating will become just as easy as it was before. With practice, you will learn how to chew efficiently and comfortably with your dentures.
- Dentures are expensive and unaffordable. While dentures can be costly, there are many different payment options available. Dr. John Pappas of Arcadia Dental Arts has several payment plans to choose from that you can use to make the cost of dentures more manageable.
- You don’t need to care for your dentures. Just like natural teeth, dentures require regular maintenance and cleaning in order to remain healthy and strong. It is important to brush your dentures daily and soak them in a cleansing solution at least once a week.
- You can never get your real teeth back. In some cases, it may be possible to replace missing or damaged teeth with dental implants, bridges, or other restorative treatments. However, you will need to speak to your dentist to determine the best solution for you.
- You can’t get dentures if you have gum disease. While it is true that gum disease can make wearing dentures difficult and uncomfortable, there are still options available to those with gum disease. Your dentist will be able to identify the best treatment plan for you based on your unique situation.
Schedule an Appointment at Arcadia Dental Arts Today
If you reside in Phoenix, AZ, or any of the surrounding communities and want to learn more about dentures, call 602-957-9643 to schedule a consultation visit and get the facts about dentures and other restorative solutions for the smile!