Dr. John Pappas of Arcadia Dental Arts in Phoenix, AZ, is available to help patients in the area find ways to keep their smile healthy for life! With a few recommendations, most individuals can avoid complications with their oral health, including periodontal disease and tooth decay.
A few of the most common suggestions from our experienced dental team include the following:
- Ensure flossing is as important as brushing. Flossing serves as a way to remove plaque and bacteria from the areas of the mouth that brushing alone can’t reach.
- Use fluoride toothpaste when brushing. Fluoride is essential for keeping teeth strong, so make sure it is part of your daily routine.
- Drink plenty of water each day. Not only does it help keep your body hydrated, but minerals in the water also help strengthen your teeth.
- Avoid sugary snacks and acidic drinks such as soda and coffee throughout the day. These substances can cause enamel damage if consumed too often or in high amounts.
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco. By now, everyone is aware that smoking and chewing tobacco is harmful to not just your teeth but your overall health. Stop smoking and seek help quitting if it is too difficult to do on your own.
- Avoid brushing too hard. Aggressive brushing can cause irritation along the gum line, resulting in red and swollen gum tissues. Use gentle pressure, and be sure to use a soft-bristled brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- See your dentist regularly. It is recommended that patients of all ages see their dentist at least every six months for an evaluation and dental cleaning. Our team may recommend more visits if you are tackling dental issues such as periodontal disease and need more attention and care than those without gingivitis or gum disease. This visit helps us catch any underlying issues before they become larger and more damaging.
How Do I Connect With a Team of Professionals To Improve My Smile’s Health?
At Arcadia Dental Arts, Dr. John Pappas and his team serve patients in and around the community of Phoenix, AZ, who want to improve their oral health and wellness. Call 602-957-9643 to request an appointment with our friendly and welcoming front office staff.