As a parent, we want what’s best for our children. This also means caring for their oral health. Children develop their first set of teeth at a very young age, typically between 6-12 months old. After this, the baby teeth will continue to erupt through the gum line at a very fast pace. As children get a little older, they will lose these teeth as their adult teeth will begin to form. Regardless of whether your child has their baby teeth or their adult teeth, it is vital that parents help their children keep these teeth clean and free from disease and decay. At Arcadia Dental Arts, Dr. John Pappas and his team educate parents on caring for their children’s smiles to ensure a healthy foundation for life!
Why is it important to educate children on dental health?
Children need to be advised on the ways in which they can maintain their oral health to set a proper foundation for life. Dr. John Pappas also understands that many parents are not aware of what they can do to help maintain a healthy smile for their children. They may worry that their children are susceptible to cavities because of their miseducation. The team of Arcadia Dental Arts works directly with parents to help them better understand the advantages of better oral health and wellness, and offers direction for assisting children with brushing and flossing to avoid the development of cavities and gum disease.
Tips for maintaining a child’s oral health:
- Ensure children brush their teeth after every meal, including snacks
- Ensure children are flossing their teeth at least once a day, with help as needed
- Avoid sending young infants to bed with milk or juice bottles to avoid decay
- Visit the dentist once the first teeth erupt through the gum line, typically between 6-12 months of age
- Visit the dentist every six month after the initial visit for routine evaluations
- Call the dentist if any problems arise that may require additional assistance
- Educate yourself on the signs and symptoms of tooth decay and periodontal disease
Call Arcadia Dental Arts today!
Phoenix, AZ area parents interested in learning more about caring for their children’s smiles are invited to connect with Dr. John Pappas. Call the practice today at (602) 957-9643 to schedule your child for an evaluation and discuss dental health concerns with a professional. At Arcadia Dental Arts, we are always welcoming new patients and families seeking quality care!