Today, more and more patients who experience tooth loss are turning to dental implants to restore their smiles. Dental implants are one of the best solutions for addressing tooth loss in adult patients. These titanium posts are extremely effective at replacing teeth that have been lost or extracted, offering a fully-functioning solution. While some patients still choose dentures or dental bridges, dental implants continue to rise in popularity for many reasons.
Below are just a few of the main reasons why dental implants are a popular tooth replacement solution for Phoenix, AZ area patients:
- Natural look. Once a dental implant is placed, it is restored over the top abutment with a bridge, crown, or denture. These restorations are made to look as natural as possible, so the placement and restoration of a dental bridge will blend in with the smile.
- Comfortable fit. Unlike partial dentures which may need to be readjusted regularly by a dentist, dental implants fit perfectly, functioning just like the natural teeth.
- Reliability. Dental implants will last a lifetime with proper care, and because they become fused with the jawbone over time, they continue to function decades later as they did days after placement.
- Long-lasting. With proper care, many patients can extend the longevity of their dental implants over the course of their lifetime.
- High success rates. Because of proper planning before placement, dental implants have an extremely high success rate compared to other tooth replacement alternatives. Patients who have these restorations will also need to have sufficient jawbone to ensure longevity as well.
- Improved function. Dental implants become fused into the jaw, allowing them to function just as natural teeth once did. Patients don’t have to worry about shifting or readjusting their denture to eat and speak properly.
- Improved facial features. Tooth loss often equates to bone loss through bone resorption, which happens to the jaw when there is no longer a tooth to support. However, placing a dental implant maintains bone and allow patients to enjoy a more youthful facial structure longer than their denture-wearing counterparts.
Call Arcadia Dental Arts to learn more
Dental implants are just one of several restorations used at the practice of Dr. John Pappas to repair the smile after tooth loss. If you reside in the area of Phoenix, AZ and want to speak to dentist who can help with lost teeth, call his facility at (602)957-9643. The office is located at 4124 North 40th Street and accepts new patients.